Last Updated June 1, 2022
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY, AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES, AND OBLIGATIONS, INCLUDING AN AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE.
- The use of the Bridge Platform is governed by the laws of the United States of America and the applicable laws of the State of Illinois without regard to conflict of law principles and any legal action will be brought in the courts located in Cook County, Illinois. However, in every case and to the full extent possible under applicable law, THE COMPANY AND ITS USERS AND CUSTOMERS ELECT TO RESOLVE DISPUTES AND CLAIMS THROUGH ARBITRATION OR IN THE COURTS RATHER THAN BEFORE A JURY. YOU AND THE COMPANY AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING.
- You agree that we may provide notices to you by electronic means, for example, by posting it on our website, sending you an in-App notification or message, emailing it to an email address that you have provided us, mailing it to any postal address that you have provided us, or by sending it as a text message to any mobile phone number that you have provided us. You agree to receive push notifications from us. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Services. You also agree to receive autodialed and pre-recorded, non-marketing, service-related text messages from or on behalf of Bridge at the phone number provided.. To stop receiving marketing-related messages, you may reply STOP to any marketing-related text message you receive from Bridge. After you text “STOP” to us, we will send you a text to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive text messages from us. Standard message and data rates may apply to both non-marketing and marketing-related messages.
- Because the Bridge Platform operates on the Internet, you consent to transact business with us electronically, you also agree to receive alerts about your activity, balances, payments, suspicious activities, and other matters involving your use of the Bridge Platform or the Services through push notifications to your smartphone or other device. Receipt of push notifications may be delayed or prevented by factors beyond our control, including those affecting your internet/phone provider. We are not liable for losses or damages arising from non-delivery, delayed delivery, or the erroneous delivery of any push notification; inaccurate push notification content; or your use or reliance on the content of any push notification for any purposes. Each push notification may not be encrypted and may include your name and information pertaining to your online account or use of the Bridge Platform. We may terminate your use of push notifications at any time without notice. You may choose to discontinue receiving push notifications by updating your preferences on your smartphone or device. You acknowledge and agree that standard call, message, and data rates charged by your carrier apply to all communications by or with us.
- In the future, the Bridge Platform or our Services may include access to and maintenance of certain consumer financial products and accounts (each, a “Bridge Account”) offered by a bank partner (“Bank Partner”). You understand that the Bank Partner has ultimate discretion to approve or deny your application for a Bridge Account, or discontinue your Bridge Account, for any reason, subject to applicable law. We or the Bank Partner may limit or deny your access to any other aspect of the Service for any reason, subject to applicable law. YOU UNDERSTAND THE BRIDGE PLATFORM IS NOT A BANK.
- You are solely responsible for all code, video, images, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, messages, or other materials (“Content”) that you upload, post, publish, or display (hereinafter, “Upload”), email, or otherwise use via the Bridge Platform. We reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates this section, including removing the offending Content from the Bridge Platform, suspending or terminating the online account(s) and/or Bridge Account(s) of such violators, and reporting such violators to law enforcement authorities. You agree that you will not Upload any Content that: (a) includes material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret, or otherwise subject to any other proprietary rights (including, without limitation, trademark rights or privacy and publicity rights) unless you are the owner of such rights or have express permission from the owner to post such material; (b) includes any material that, infringes upon, misappropriates, or violates the rights of any person or entity, or violates any applicable laws; (c) is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, indecent, violent, abusive, profane, false, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; (d) contains advertisements or solicitations of any funds, goods, or services; (e) is a communication by a user impersonating another user; (f) contains personal information, such as messages which identify an individual’s names, telephone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, and/or addresses; or (g) could be considered bulk unsolicited communications.
- The Bridge Platform and all Services we offer are intended solely for your personal use. Unless otherwise expressly authorized in these Terms or in the Bridge Platform, you agree not to use, display, distribute, license, perform, publish, reproduce, duplicate, copy, create derivative works from, modify, sell, resell, exploit, transfer, or upload for any commercial purposes the Bridge Platform, our Services or any part of our Services, including use of or access to the Bridge Platform or our Services, or those of third parties.
- Users and customers by their use of the Bridge Platform validate that they will not use the Bridge Platform as part of any scheme to violate federal, state, or other laws and regulations including those around financial transactions.
- The Company retains full, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, sub-licensable, and perpetual intellectual property rights around any user generated content uploaded, shared, transmitted, or otherwise disseminated on the Bridge Platform or through other communications channels. The Company can store, use, reproduce, modify, and adapt such content and will retain full rights to any derivative works or compilations of such content. Users warrant by their actions that they have the necessary rights to grant such licenses to the Company. The Company can further delete such content at any time and for any reason.
- The Company is the owner and/or authorized user of all text, images, data representations, animation, music, sounds, and all other materials on the Bridge Platform. Users may not copy, reproduce, republish, disseminate, exploit, distribute, or otherwise incorporate any material found on the Bridge Platform or in the Company’s communications. Said materials are protected by U.S. and international copyright and treaty provisions without limitation as copyrights, trademarks, service marks, logos, and other intellectual property.
- Earn Rewards Program – We may offer users the opportunity to participate in a rewards program (“Earn Program”) that allows users to earn Bridge Coins (“Coins”) which can be redeemed for USD deposited directly into their Bridge Account or connected external bank account, depending on the user’s Bridge Plan Type (Section 13). Users may earn Coins several different ways, including but not limited to logging into the Bridge App each day, funding a Bridge Account via direct deposit, making purchases with their Bridge Account (Money Plan members) or connected external bank account (Earn Plan members), and completing in-app events (“Earn Opportunities”). One (1) Earn Opportunity is referring other individuals to the Bridge App (“Referral Program”). The Referral Program allows both the referring user and the referred user to earn Coins. Eligibility requirements and Coin awards associated with the Referral Program are found in the user’s Bridge App and are subject to change at any time. Once Coins are earned, a user must claim their Coins in the Bridge App within seven (7) days of an Earn Opportunity. Once claimed, Coins will be displayed in the user’s Coin balance (“Claimed Coins”). Claimed Coins in a user’s Coin balance can be redeemed for USD at a valuation of 1 coin = $0.01 (“Redemption Rate”). The minimum number of Coins required to be redeemable for USD is subject to change and will be communicated to users within the Bridge App. Coins do not hold any monetary value outside the Bridge Platform unless or until those Coins are claimed and redeemed. Additionally, Coins are non-transferrable to other non-Bridge platforms. Coins terminate and access to the Earn Program is revoked if a user terminates their relationship with Bridge, voluntarily or involuntarily. We may add to, terminate, and/or change the Earn Program at any time with or without notice to you. Users shall have no property rights or legal interest in Coins at any point. Users are responsible for determining any tax liability arising from their participation in the Earn Program and should consult a tax advisor concerning any related tax consequences. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Blue Ridge Bank N.A. is not affiliated with Rewards program and does not administer it. This program and any other reward programs offered in connection are the sole responsibility of Bridge and its service providers.
- Membership Plan Types – There are two (2) types of Bridge membership plan types (“Bridge Plan Types”) available to members: “Earn Plan” and “Money Plan”.
- The Earn Plan costs $0/month and grants the member access to the Earn Program. Bridge partners with third party technology companies to allow users the ability to easily connect external deposit accounts and debit cards held at other institutions outside of Bridge (together, “External Account”) and funding sources (e.g. direct deposit) to their Bridge App. Earn Plan members are required to connect at least one (1) External Account to the Bridge App, which ensures the member has the ability to earn Coins on settled purchases made via their connected External Account(s) and also “cash out” Coins from their Coin balance to their connected External Account(s) in the form of USD at the current Redemption Rate. Earn Plan members will not have access to a Bridge Account. The amount of time it takes for cashed out Coins to be deposited into an Earn Plan member’s External Account is subject to that External Account’s terms and conditions. An Earn Plan member who wishes to upgrade to the Money Plan will be subject to the terms outlined in Section 13.2 as well as the Bridge Money Plan Consumer Deposit Agreement and Bridge Money Plan VISA Cardholder Agreement.
- The Money Plan costs $4/month. Users may be issued or offered discounted pricing for the Money Plan at any time, solely decided by Bridge ($4/month plus applicable discounts, “Monthly Money Membership Fee”). Bridge will notify a Money Plan member at least thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of any applicable discounted pricing. The Money Plan grants the user access to the Earn Program, which may or may not include enhanced or additional Earn Opportunities, as well as a Bridge Account (subject to the terms in the Bridge Deposit Agreement and Bridge VISA Cardholder Agreement) and other potential benefits and features as determined solely by Bridge. Enhanced and/or additional Earn Opportunities available to Money Plan members are communicated to users throughout the Bridge Platform, including but not limited to the Bridge website, the Bridge App, member Help Center Articles and Bridge email communications to members.
i. Members who select the Money Plan and open a Bridge Account will have the opportunity to open a second Bridge Account as well (“Cash Stash Account”, together, “Bridge Account(s)”). A Cash Stash Account will be subject to the same terms as the Money Plan member’s primary Bridge Account (found in the Bridge Money Plan Deposit Agreement) plus the additional restrictions that funds may only be deposited into a Cash Stash Account from the Money Plan member’s primary Bridge Account, and funds may only be withdrawn from a Cash Stash Account into the Money Plan member’s primary Bridge Account. There is no limit to the amount of funds or frequency of transfers between a Money Plan member’s primary Bridge Account and their Cash Stash Account.
ii. Members who select the Money Plan will be encouraged to connect an external funding source to their Bridge App and are subject to the following payment collection structure: (1) On the monthly bill date, Bridge will automatically attempt to withdraw the Monthly Money Membership Fee from the member’s available Bridge Account balance; (2) If the member does not have the full Monthly Money Membership Fee amount in their Bridge Account, Bridge will pull an amount of Coins equivalent to the Monthly Money Membership Fee from the member’s existing Coin balance; If the Monthly Money Membership Fee cannot be collected by Bridge for any month, the member will enter delinquency (“a Delinquent Money Plan Member”). A Delinquent Money Plan Member has no more than 25 days to fund their account with at least the amount of the Monthly Money Membership Fee. A Delinquent Money Plan Member will not have access to the Earn Program. If a Delinquent Money Plan Member remains delinquent for 25 consecutive days, the member’s Money Plan will be canceled, their Bridge Account(s) will be closed, and the member will be automatically downgraded to the Earn Plan. Any Coins in the member’s Coin balance will also be forfeited.
iii. A Money Plan member who is not delinquent and wishes to downgrade their Money Plan to the Earn Plan may do so at any time. A non-Delinquent Money Plan Member who downgrades to the Earn Plan will have their Bridge Account(s) closed and will not be charged any future Monthly Money Membership Fees unless and until they elect to upgrade to the Money Plan again in the future. Their Coin balance will be retained and subject to the provisions of the Earn Plan.
- To use of the automated bank account feeds (“Account Aggregation Services”) in connection with opening your account, you must provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself. You license the Content to the Bridge Platform and its service providers to access, use and store the Content. You may revoke this license at any time by emailing email@example.com. For all purposes hereof, you grant the Bridge Platform and its services providers a limited power of attorney, and you hereby appoint the Bridge Platform and its service providers as your true and lawful attorney-in-fact and agent, with full power of substitution and resubstitution, for you and in your name, access third-party internet sites, servers or documents, retrieve information, and use your information exclusively for the purposes of delivering the Bridge Platform and banking services to you.
- You agree to release, indemnify, and hold us, our third party product providers, our and their affiliates, officers, employees, directors, and agents harmless from any and all losses, damages, fines, penalties, fees, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, claims, actions of any kind, and injury (including death) arising out of or relating to your use of the Bridge Platform, our Services, any Content, your connection to our Services, your violation of these Terms, or your violation of any rights of another. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” If you are a resident of another jurisdiction, you waive any comparable statute or doctrine.
- YOUR USE OF THE BRIDGE PLATFORM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE BRIDGE PLATFORM AND OUR SERVICES PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE BRIDGE PLATFORM OR OUR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE BRIDGE PLATFORM OR OUR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE BRIDGE PLATFORM OR OUR SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR THAT THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE BRIDGE PLATFORM OR OUR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
- YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE COMPANY AND ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCT PROVIDERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, RESULTING FROM: (a) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE BRIDGE PLATFORM OR OUR SERVICES; (b) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION, OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED, OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE BRIDGE PLATFORM OR OUR SERVICES; (c) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF, YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (d) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE BRIDGE PLATFORM OR OUR SERVICES; OR (e) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE BRIDGE PLATFORM OR OUR SERVICES. IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID THE COMPANY IN THE LAST SIX (6) MONTHS OR, IF GREATER, $100. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE BRIDGE PLATFORM OR OUR SERVICES OR WITH THESE TERMS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE BRIDGE PLATFORM OR OUR SERVICES.
- You may be entitled to additional rights and protections under state law. If you are a resident of California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, or Ohio, review the additional rights that may be available to you.
- The Company is always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently, and most user concerns can be resolved quickly and to the user’s satisfaction by emailing customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org. If such efforts prove unsuccessful, a party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). The Notice to Company should be sent to Bridge Money, Inc., 171 N Aberdeen St Suite 400, Chicago, IL 60607. (“Notice Address”).